Wednesday 7 October 2015

Molodkin interview

Kirill Drobyshev is drummer in the band called “The Hazed”.

Q: Garage Punk. Why did you choose this genre to play? What inspires you to play it?

A: We aren’t even sure that we follow the frames of this genre. To tell the truth, we didn’t choose it. It chose us. Well, the thing I like about music is that you can do whatever you want to do in any way without setting frames for yourself. You know, it is like a hobby: you do it because you like it. That’s all.

Q: Why do you play drums? How your band was created?

А: One day a thought struck me that it was cool to play drums, and it would be great to try it. For some time the music teacher helped me, but soon I continued on my own. Probably it is the reason why I still can’t play properly.
Our band was created by occasion. My schoolmate and I got together for a long period of time and played simple things like “The White Stripes”. During this time we played with different people, but they all left for the other bands. Not long ago a guy who plays bass-guitar joined us. He’s a permanent member of the band now. We’ve learned a lot since he has been a part of our team.

Q: What bands and musicians inspire you?

А: I am really fond of bands like Einstürzende Neubauten and Lightning Bolt because of their professional drummers.

Q: One month ago you recorded the song, called “Paranoia”. Why did you choose it to be the first recorded song?

А: The recording was spontaneous. We just came to the repetition and Timothy, the guy who managed all things there told us: “I can record some of your songs, guys”. We chose “Paranoia” because it was easy to play and we all liked it.

Q: Where did you give concerts in Tula? What places did you like and why?

А: To tell the truth, there are not so much places to give a concert in Tula. We don’t like to play in pubs like “M2” or “Irlandets” because of the atmosphere. We often perform in the place called “Flügel”, which is located in the center of Tula. There are some problems with acoustics, but still, we love to play there. Also, once we went to Moscow to give a concert, but the best part of this trip was sleeping at the train station. No kidding.

 Q: You often give concerts in tandem with other bands from Tula, Moscow and St. Petersburg. Are there any teams, which are of your taste? With whom would you like to play again?

А: I’d like to play again and again with guys from “Camino Muerto”. Also I liked the band “Nikola Tesla & Thee Coils” that is from Moscow.

Q: There is a little musical “family” in Tula. What do you think about it?

А: All people of this “family” are hipsters, who consider themselves as rockers.  I don’t really like them.

Q: And the last question. What do you think about the future of “The Hazed”?

А: We don’t have any straight plans, you know. I guess, we will just keep up our work and record some new songs.



2 comments:

  1. Well, it was interesting for me to read this interview. I should say that answers are so informative and I think that you know which questions are considered to be the most important to get the necessary information. So, thanks to these questions we found out why Kirill plays drums and so on. But I think this interwview is too formal. No, I don't mean that it was difficult to read or something like that but if it were a some kind of conversation , I think it would be so much better.

    ReplyDelete