Sunday 22 November 2015

Visiting Pushchino

Visiting Pushchino
Today is a sunny day and my mum and I are walking along the main street, named the Science Street and we are talking about our home town – Pushchino. I see the tall buildings which are situated on this street. There are so many different shops which I know from my childhood. Here I was skiing when I was a child and had so much fun! I remember everything from my childhood.
Pushchino is a little town in Moscow region. It was founded in 1966. Pushchino has big history and it is supposed to be a science town. It is situated on the right side of the river Oka and the population is very small, in total 21 000 people.
Pushchino is my native town. I find it amazing and beautiful. I was born here 20 years ago I had lived in the town until I turned 17 years old. You can see that Pushchino is surrounded by forest, that’s why there is so much fresh air as though you live somewhere in the country-side. Today I’m coming to Pushchino to visit my mother and have a walk down the town. By the way, it is long and it takes about an hour to go from the beginning to the end of the town.

http://pushino-oka.ru/system/pic.php?img_id=24&galid=1The total area of the Pushchino is 18 sq. km. It has many sights. I remember the new Pushchino in which I was  born. But my parents were born in the old Pushchino and I think they can tell much interesting about  what it was like in 1970. I believe it was different and there were less buildings that there are today.
‘Pushchino is not such an old town, isn’t it? But it looks nice and clear, was it so when you were a child?’ I ask my mum.
‘Yes. You know, there is a green area. It is situated behind my previous home. When the trees were set, the deep hole grave was dug and once I fell  into it and lost my boot.’
‘What else do you remember about our native town?’
‘I think winters were better. There were hills in each yard and our parents made rinks for us and we were skating.’
‘What about the streets of the town? Were they the same?’
‘The soda devices stood and it cost 3 kopecks peanuts. We were huddled around them.’


 ‘I found this photo. What can you say about it?’
‘I remember how these houses were being built. I had been living in the right one and instead of the two high white houses there was a field. Then the construction began and I went to school passing the bulding area. In the green area we were walking the dogs.’
‘What about the yards. There are so many cars nowadays. I think when even I was a child there were not so many cars. In your childhood I think there were no cars at all, weren’t there?’
‘Yes, there were very few cars and the yards were free. The playgrounds were not covered by cars and children had much place to play.’
‘How did you celebrate New Year? Was it the same as we do nowadays?’
 ‘It was always merry! People were going with harmonicas. There were no fireworks and people were wearing masks. Now everybody is with detonators and there is no such merriness and no wish to go to a New Year's tree. The administration set the attractions in the New Year’s night and Father Christmas played with children.
‘You told me that you skied on Fian, the area of forest, related to our town.’
‘Yes. There was lighted road and in the evening everybody could come and ski.’
‘Our town is scientific. I know that our scientists invented the blue blood and many students come here for practice.’
‘Oh, yes. ‘There are 7 research institutions and all of them are mainly connected with biology. Scientists grow up some plants, for example the plants which were brought from the permafrost. They tried to grow up the ancient plants. Also there is an observatory on the Fian and people come on excursion to see the great telescope. We have also the House of Scientists. Many scientific concerts and seminars take place there. Our scientists read lectures there and everybody can come and listen to them.’
I think elder people can tell much interesting about the home town. Actually, Pushchino is not so famous, but still it has its history and it is full of memories by elder people.
We have two libraries and one of them is situated in front of my house that’s why I go here and can take some magazines to read.

I took one in which I found an interesting article about one famous place in my town. It is the manor of Pushchino. Many people come here just to see the place.
It is a abandoned manor where some films were directed. One of them is ‘Don’t attack the white swans’. This photo is made from the front side of the manor. Now there are no big lions and any stairs which led to small ponds. The house was very big but the most part of it was destroyed. This manor related to the 17th century and yet in the 80s of the last century much of it could be seen. During the war time there was a hospital. In that time some documents were found there and there was a list of people who lived there two centuries ago. Our mayor wants to restore the manor but it still doesn’t happen.
I visited this manor last summer and most of all I wanted to see the waterfall. The water was holy earlier. Now it is also clean enough and people can drink it.
When people come here to watch its beauty, they find themselves among small hills and ravines, lofty trees and eye filling landscape on the river Oka. The waterfall is about two or three meters high and it makes the great noise over the dark and dense forest.
It is really worth-seeing in summer, when the trees are green and the weather is warm or even hot to have a bathe under the waterfall. When you come here, you forget about your vital and daily problems and worryings and can breath the fresh air and listen how the birds are singing and watch how the waterfall is falling down.
To my mind, people who came to visit this mysterious waterfall are happy and lucky because this place has big energy and it can give it to you. You will be full of force, love and patience after visiting this place. It is really worth-seeing.


To sum up, every year there are many tourists who come to see the sightseeing and to enjoy the fresh air. Pushchino is a science town which has a short, but interesting history.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rading this interview was very cognitive. I like the way you introduce your native city. But after reading this article I know a lot about the past of Pushchino, now I'd like to know more about the modern life visiting this place in the future.

    ReplyDelete