Sunday 8 December 2013

Visual writing task

   I sit in a yellow taxi. There are a lot of empty seats inside. I give money to a driver. The interior is dirty and smells of gasoline. Two men take the seats next to the driver. They are talking. The roar of the engine drowns out their voices. It is sunny outside the window.  Small private houses flash one after the other. The taxi stops. A heavyset tall man comes in. It turns out that he is familiar with the driver. The man calls him Misha. The driver is about 50. He has gray curly hair. He is a man of few words and focuses on the road. We are at the stop Moscow outpost. In the window I see the church of St. Sergius of Radonezh. The sun is reflected in its domes. The doves swarm in the courtyard. Two women of retirement age come in hardly in the cabin. After paying the fare, they look at each other and smile. One of them wears a jacket and a barret the color of Dalmatians. Another is in a simple blue coat and a knitted hat. The first woman’s phone rings .
- I'm coming, I’m bringing warm socks and sneakers for you. Get ready. ... What sweater? It is cold outside! No, I said it all!
Everyone smiles. The tall man throws his word: "Young Pioneer camp”. The second woman lights up and decides to start a conversation.
- My grandson is 19, and doesn’t want to listen to anything.
- I have a granddaughter, 14 years old. They are hefty adults now. All of them are know-it-all. Her mother is a scum. She puts her on me. One gives birth to six children and won’t give up. And she gave birth to one and goes on the bottle.
The man raises his voice:
- It is necessary to apply for termination of parental rights.
- So she is deprived. I am the only foster parent. I've been bringing her up straight! When she starts to cajole something, I answer - Go to ass! You will do what I say till you’re 18. I have a retiring pension of 9000 rubles, and does the State help? ... I’m paid peanuts!!! The school is the source of continuous extortion! Only for window I paid 3000 rubles. And there are 27 pupils in the class. What are the windows made of? Gold or what? It's okay. The teacher’s father died, the rector began to whip out money on funeral! What is that?!  The girl demands yet: "The State pays me the benefit, you have to give it to me!» She wants ... I want lots too, that! I want to insert the teeth myself. So what? I want too!
A woman, with whom she talked, comes out. One stop the cabin is quiet. The phone rings again.
- Hello. You stupid ... like a sheep! I told you that? You're wearing what? The new jacket and boots? And what do you want from me? Shut up and wait, I'm going!
The taxi turned into the avenue. I came out.

1 comment:

  1. It was interesting to read, especially part with the conversation, I think you passed it and its emotions in a good way, because when I read it, I hear it. Thanks for that, good job!

    ReplyDelete