Sunday 8 December 2013



Dinner hour.
I was sitting at the table. My mom was cooking something very tasty. I realized that I felt the smell of crispy crust, it seems, it was a chicken. Mom turned off the water and began to open the package "S-sh S-sh" sound of rustling has always annoyed me. She took a strange -smelling grass. The smell was heavy, but enjoyable, even a little sweet. It’s something between fresh cutting grass and mint. I listened to the rhythmic tapping knife on the chopping board.

"Buuuurg" my stomach rumbled from such a large number of odors in the air. "Wait a bit", said my mother. I nodded, and at the same moment the smell of olive oil burst into kitchen. Mom opened the lid pans and the sound "firing" rocked the whole kitchen "Srhchsrhchch". Mom turned off the gas and the chicken was ready. The kitchen was quiet, I went to the radio and turned it on. "I need to know now, know now. Can you love me aga-a-ain? "- sang John Newman.  "Sit down," - said my mom and we started dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious! There are snow and a little cold outside, and after reading your article I really want spend my time with a favorite movie and crispy chicken. I like how you describe spices smell unknown for you as something mysterious and voice all the processes, they really sounded in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete