Wednesday 4 December 2013



The sky overhead

A big top of a museum resembles a small scientific laboratory. It is situated in the place which seems a deserted little village. I would never come here if I were alone and wanted to walk around the city. I enter and see only a little door, some benches and a wall decorated with ornaments and frescoes. I am waiting in the hall for 10 minutes, enjoying pictures of the major planets in the solar system. Then, a guide suggests I should come into this mysterious room. It is very dark. I try to open my eyes wide because I fear to stumble. When I take a step forward, I see the starry sky overhead. I don’t remember how I sat down in a soft chair, tilted the head back and started enjoying this beautiful view. The stars are shining above me like white lights of hope in this dark empty room.
A lot of constellations help me to feel calm and relax. I don’t recognize any of them because I am not fond of astronomy and I just don’t have enough time to watch the stars. At this moment I start to regret that I take no notice of the beauty of nature. I am looking around all constellations, and my stare stops on a wagon, which I’ve seen in the dark sky one summer evening. Unfortunately, I know only this simple chain of stars which everyone can see in the night sky.
This small room seems enormous because of the magic ceiling. The atmosphere is rather romantic like in the best love novel when the lovers are lying on the ground and looking at the stars. I am alone but these little welcoming lights help me relax and forget about my work. My ears hear only silence, and it helps me feel that I’m alone in the universe. Only I and the warm distant stars are in the room.
Half an hour later the sun starts shining so brightly that it becomes a little bit difficult to open the eyes. I am closing them and feeling warmth of the great luminary. And there is a whole life in knowing that the sun is there.
Then everything around me becomes dark, and machine-quality low voice says that the session is over. I stand up reluctantly. I don’t want to leave this magic room of the planetarium and lose this fairytale of our modern life.  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! It was very interesting to read! It is truly the wonderful place! :)

    ReplyDelete