Tuesday 9 October 2012

Visual writing task by Margarita Glinskaya


People people people…
Everywhere. And this smell… It smells like some machine oil or something like that.
People and the smell, People and the smell…
Everything is moving. Two crowds of people – one is going down the stairs and the other is up. The crowds are black with several bright spots. A fat woman sitting next to me is speaking on her mobile phone but I can hear nothing, literally nothing but this sound. This particular sound. The fat woman’s gone. Now it’s a middle-aged blonde is making some notes right next to me. She looks very busy.
Постовой полицейский, подойдите…
The walls are massive and white. The ground is partly black. I bet no one pays attention to it. The walls are divided into several parts and each part has a memorial in honor to soldiers of the Second World War.
I look strange, don’t I? sitting in probably one of the busiest laces ever and being in no hurry. Just writing something down. Awkward, right?
This sound again. The woman in uniform passes carrying some cleaning stuff which looks like a big white box with lots of brushes and wheels.
A mustached fashionable man in red T-shirt and blue jeans is staring at me. I look strange, without any doubt.
Now some foreign man wearing jeans, black shoes, white socks and white anorak with an enormous red sign ‘Russia’ on it  not only sitting next to me but speaking some language I do not know.  The man in grin T-shirt with earphones is displeased. I’ve got such a look from him.
Meanwhile, the foreigner suddenly started to speak Russian. Probably, it is some foreign magic.
Two curled girls just met. They’re standing right in the middle of the crowd and having a small talk. The crowd is not happy with them. But it’s not for long. One kisses good-bye another and leaves. She is in a hurry. Everyone seems to be in a hurry. This man carrying two big chequered bags, the blondie wearing a…
A minute silence s broken by a strong cry. Two people are shouting so loud that the howling sound which already became familiar is broken too. Loud busy people.
I cannot feel the smell already. Got used to it probably.
The black crowed became bigger. Bigger and busier.  The sound came into my mind completely and everything is like one big grey spot. The big grey spot which is producing probably the most annoying sound ever.  I have never liked underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment